Jun 19, 2014

Watch Your Step!




Back in time that is!  Welcome back to the last part of our nostalgic visit to Lone Star Barbecue & Mercantile.  I found out after our trip a few very interesting facts about the place.  Enjoy your tour and be sure to read about them.  I was surprised and now will have to watch one of my daughter's favorite movies again just to see!

Here We Go!


We really like this place Lonestar BBQ & Mercantile.  Do you love old things?  I do they remind me of my childhood days at my grandparents home.
 I have to say that the favorite things I ate were the Tomato Pie and the Corn Pudding.  They were delicious.























Original framed letter in Shuler's Store (main dining room) from Knute Rockne, famous University of Notre Dame football coach.


Movie set scenes from the 1989 motion picture, "Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken", part of which was filmed in and around Zeagler's General Store (photos on Shuler Store walls).



Tongue and groove boards in each of the corridors connecting the stores, which came from an old two room school house located on Milligan Place, a local plantation.
























Large sign of railroad engineer on exterior wall of Zeagler's General Store, painted for the motion picture "Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken", starring Cliff Robertson.

I hope you enjoyed your visit with me and if you are in South Carolina check the place out for a bit of fun nostalgia! You can see the first owner talking about the historical buildings on the property.



Sad Update: I'm posting 12/26/23
Lone Star BBQ is currently closed because of
A major fire Christmas 2023 
No future plans have been announced as of yet.

Pretty sad because the buildings themselves were filled with memorabillia and many historical items 
Santee Fire Chief Ed Barnett talks about the Lone Star BBQ Fire 


December 25, 2023


2 comments:

  1. This looks awesome - just the kind of place I'd love to see. I also really want that soda pop bottle display!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim,
      I think you would like to see it. I guess you can tell I enjoyed it.

      Delete


HOUSE AND GARDENS